Thursday, February 14, 2019

Reflection Three- How Are Things Wrapping Up?

Throughout this project, I realized that I can very detail-oriented. I found out that the reason my posts take hours, is because I research very thoroughly, finding as many good resources as I can. This has been a positive and a negative factor for me. It is positive in the sense that my posts are as accurate as they could possibly be, given the current information and data on the topics. However, the negative part is that as I have repeatedly mentioned, this project became very time consuming. As such, as I much as I enjoyed doing it, I found myself being overwhelmed and frustrated with the amount of work to be done.

For the next steps, I need to think of how I can incorporate this project, as well as other pedagogical methods that we have been learning about, in my own classroom. It is easier with some of the methods, than the others. I have been able to come up of with some possible ways I could do a Genius Hour Project in a science classroom. For example, I could give them topics related to the unit we are studying, and ask them to come up with their own Genius Hour project. Overall, I think I will be able to implement some of these strategies in a fun and creative way to learn sciences and biology.

Lastly, I am going to leave these GIFs today:



via GIPHY






via GIPHY

No comments:

Post a Comment