Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Reflection Two- How Are Things Coming Along?

I just researched and posted my first Genius Hour topic. After finishing and publishing it, I realized that I had taken more than 2 hours to research and write my post. I'm wondering whether it is because of my topic, or if any topics would actually take more than the allocated one hour. It is certainly something to think about if I ever implement this idea in my own classroom.

So far, I am still finding educational technology course rather challenging and very time consuming. As a person who's grown up with computers and technology, I thought I would be able to navigate through the tasks quite easily, however, I find myself baffled by a lot things. For example, we were tasked with making a trailer for our Genius Hour project. Although I opted for the simplest concept that did not need much external resources, I still struggled with editing and making the actual video, and I think I took about 4 hours (if not more) to finish my trailer. Now looking at this through a student's lens, I wonder if such activities would be enjoyable and beneficial to them. I think by making it a group project, and also giving them more time, the idea of having the students make a video would be fun and manageable. It is something I would consider doing in my classroom.

Overall, I spend a lot of time looking up how to do things in this class, so I think the following GIFs show my current feelings quite accurately.


via GIPHY




via GIPHY

No comments:

Post a Comment